It’s a new week in the Riley Blake Block Challenge Mystery Quilt and this week’s block is such a fun one – and so perfect for June! This week we are making up the Summer Picnic block in the RBD Block Challenge!
This week’s block was designed by the amazing Christopher Thompson of the Tattooed Quilter. It’s a sweet block that has an almost Gingham look to it!
I’m using Stardust fabric for all my blocks – you can find it in shops here! I’m also adding a little Sashiko stitching with my Baby Lock Sashiko machine to each block. For this block I decided to stitch little X’s in the center of my background blocks. I think it gives it a fun look!
Summer Picnic Block – RBD Block Challenge
You can find the free pattern for this sweet quilt block on the Riley Blake Blog!
Check out my other blocks in the RBD Block Challenge here:
- Week 1 – Pinwheel Star Block
- Week 2 – Shining Star Block
- Week 3 – Framed Flower Block
- Week 4 – Stella Block
- Week 5 – Ocean Waves Block
- Week 6 – Windmill Block
- Week 7 – Reach for the Stars Block
- Week 8 – Butterfly Block
- Week 9 – Sugar Candy Block
- Week 10 – Lady of the Lake Block
- Week 11 – Glint Block
- Week 12 – Nine Patch Star Block
- Week 13 – Dizzy Pinwheel Block
- Week 14 – I Heart Quilting Block