Today I’m sharing this cute little Stitch On – free embroidery pattern!
Sometimes It’s fun to make just a cute little stitchery – perfect for a hoop art or you can use it in another project, like the one I’ll be posting later this week!
It’s a fun little stitchery of a spool of thread and the text “Stitch On”, which is like “Rock On” but quieter.
Here’s what you’ll need for this mini-hoop!
- 5″ embroidery hoop
- 7″ square of fabric
- embroidery needle
- DMC Thread – colors: Gray – 413, Red – 666, Pink – 761, Green – 3812
- Stitch On- Free Pattern (for personal use only)
- Use three strands of floss for all embroidery.
- Stitch the outlines, thread and words with a back stitch.
- Fill in the top and bottom of the thread spool with a sketchy satin stitch. Leave spaces in the satin stitch for a “hand-drawn” look and stitch at an angle.
- Fill the thread spool starting on the right side with long straight stitches at different lengths, leaving spaces between the stitching.
- Scatter French Knots over the straight stitching on the spool.
- To make the hoop, trim the fabric to 1/2″ around the hoop and glue to the back. If desired, glue pom pom trim or other trims along the back edge of the hoop.
If you need any help with the stitches, check the Embroidery Tips page.
Isn’t it fun? It would be a great gift for a stitchy friend or a cute decoration for your craft area!
Come back on Wednesday to see the design in a project too!
You might also like