I love the simplicity of this floral home embroidery hoop art – it’s such a fun way to show how much you love being home with your people! Even if we’ve been having a lot of that lately. :)
This is such a fun project to stitch up! I love the mix of colors in the floral bouquet but this would be so easy to change up to match your home decor! I think it would make a great gift for a friend too!
The stitches in this embroidery hoop are all basic stitches so even if you haven’t done embroidery before, you can totally do this! I have a series of videos in my Facebook Group for all these stitches, so if you need some tutorials check those out!
Let’s get started on this fun free pattern!
Floral Home Embroidery Hoop Art
- 10″ square of background fabric – I used Blossom from The Tattooed Quilter in Bleached Denim
- 8″ embroidery hoop
- Aurifil Embroidery Floss in the following colors:
- Dark Rose – 2230
- Medium Rose – 2435
- Light Rose – 2415
- Golden – 2130
- Light Olive Green – 1147
- Dark Olive Green – 5016
- Gray Blue – 1248
- Pom Pom Trim – 3/4 yard
- Embroidery Needle
- Glue for finishing back of the hoop
- Transfer the design to your fabric. (There is a video for this in my Facebook Group as well!)
- Make the hoop with the following stitches:
- Lettering – use the gray blue and stitch this with a layered back stitch.
- Large leaves and stems they are on – stitch the leaves with a satin stitch and the stems with a back stitch using the dark olive.
- Small fern leaves – stitch the leaves with lazy daisy stitches and the stems with a back stitch and use the light olive.
- Yellow daisy stems – stitch the leaves with satin stitches and the stems with a back stitch using the dark olive. Stitch the petals with a satin stitch using the golden thread and the centers of the daisies are three French Knots in the medium rose.
- Pom pom flower in center is made with a satin stitch at the base and leaf using the light olive. The stem is back stitched with the light olive. The flower portion is a grouping of French Knots filling the space with the light rose thread.
- Embroider the round flowers with the woven rose stitch. The smallest flower is made with the medium rose in the center, worked to about the halfway point, then finished with the dark rose. There is one light rose French Knot in the center. The medium rose is made with the dark rose in the center, to about the halfway point, then finished with the medium rose floss. There are three light rose French Knots in the center. The largest flower is made with the medium rose floss in the center, worked to the halfway point, then finished with the light rose floss. There are three dark rose French Knots in the center.
- Finish the back of the embroidery hoop and glue on your pom pom trim.
I hope you have a blast stitching up this project! I think it’s a fun way to remember this year. I can’t wait to see what colors you make yours up in!