I have a Sweet Whale Cross Stitch Hoop to show off today! It is a new project from my friend Mollie’s book – Bundle of Joy!
Mollie Johanson is a super talented stitcher and creator and I’m so excited about her new book, Bundle of Joy! This book is full of the sweetest cross stitch projects that are perfect for your new bundle of joy! There are darling little animals, details, lettering, and fun ways to make them into decor and gifts.
I was so excited to hear about Mollie’s new book, I have a friend expecting a new little one this summer! I decided to stitch up the little whale in the book. Isn’t it fun?!
Sweet Whale Cross Stitch Hoop
The design is stitched on Lori Holt’s 14 count Aida in Breeze. It’s hard to tell in the photos but it’s a pale blue aqua, I think it’s the perfect background for my sweet little whale! I didn’t stitch the background of the whale, but I did add some little waves around the hoop.
I added fabric around the outer hoop to give it another pop of color! I used a bit of the gingham from my next fabric collection, Daisy Fields. There is also cute pom pom trim around the edge. Because pom poms make everything more fun!
Take a look at some of the other fun projects in the book! I love the way Mollie shows you how to personalize the projects with lettering. Wouldn’t this be a great baby gift or birth announcement?
You can also turn the stitching into a sewing project – look at this little ducky!
There are all sorts of amazing people sharing about Bundle of Joy this week! Take a look at the schedule and visit some of the other creators!
- July 11 – Mollie Johanson blog.molliejohanson.com
- July 12 – Clare Albans https://hellohooray.com
- July 13 – Aimee Ray http://littledeartracks.blogspot.com
- July 14 – Bev McCullough Sweet Whale Cross Stitch Hoop HERE! :)
- July 14 – Camille Ipsen www.instagram.com/notsomodernmillie
- July 15 – Jess Swaimvhttp://stitchxtocontinue.com
- July 16 – Danielle Webb https://sprinklesofzeal.com
- July 16 – Mollie Johanson blog.molliejohanson.com