I love all types of embroidery – florals, decorative stitches, word art and more. They’re all so fun and pretty. But sometimes it’s fun to do something a little silly too. I mean, we can’t be serious all the time right?
Today I’m sharing the pattern for a fun little hoop – a take on an adorable Mason Jar design. But instead of a Ball Mason Jar – I have tweaked it a bit for all you go-getters out there and stitched Baller instead!
This is a great beginner design to stitch – it just uses a simple back stitch. You can find the how to for that stitch on my Embroidery Tips page.
- 8″ base fabric
- 8″ light mason jar fabric
- DMC Embroidery Floss
- Small amount of trim and ribbon
- 6″ embroidery hoop
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- 6″ circle of felt
- Download and printout Baller Mason Jar Embroidery Pattern. (This pattern is for personal use only.)
- Trace design onto a light fabric.
- Stitch outline and large curve at bottom of mason jar with 2 strands of DMC floss. Stitch all other lines and words with 1 strand of floss.
- Press the design onto fusible webbing. Trim around the mason jar outline, 1/3″. Press the design onto your base fabric.
- Add trim and a little bow for decoration.
- Trim fabric around embroidery hoop to 1/2″ past hoop. Glue the fabric to the back side of the hoop frame.
- Glue felt circle to back of hoop.
That’s it!! Super easy and cute right??
I love the look the little trim gives the hoop!
What do you think? Do you like to do fun embroidery designs?
You might also want to try