I love making things for Valentine’s Day that you can leave up all year round! This I Love Us Free Floral Embroidery Pattern is so fun to stitch up and so perfect to make for a loved one!
This sweet pattern is so fun to embroider! It uses basic stitches and it goes together really quickly! You can make it up for a friend, family member or anyone that you just love being with!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own!
I Love Us Free Floral Embroidery Pattern
Materials: (may contain affiliate links)
- 10″ x 10″ piece of linen – I used Riley Blake Linen in Natural
- Aurifil Embroidery Floss –
- 7″ embroidery hoop
- I Love Us embroidery pattern
- For finishing: Scissors, glue
Instructions to make the I love us floral embroidery pattern:
- Transfer embroidery design onto the linen fabric.
- Embroider the design with the following stitches:
- Stitch lavender stems with a back stitch using 5014 Marine water
- Stitch lavender flowers with a lazy daisy stitch using 1248 Grey Blue
- Stitch daisy flower stems with a back stitch using 2890 Grass Green
- Stitch leaves of daisy flowers with a satin stitch using 2890 Grass Green
- Stitch petals of daisy flowers with a satin stitch using 6722 Sea Biscuit
- Stitch centers of daisy flowers by filling sections with French Knots using 2140 Orange Mustard
- Stitch lettering by outlining letters with a back stitch, then filling in open areas with layered back stitches using 6736 Jedi
Finishing the Floral Embroidery Design
If you’re going to leave your design in the hoop, make sure the design is centered in the hoop and the fabric is nice and tight. Trim the fabric around the hoop to about 1/2″ and glue the extra fabric to the inside of the hoop on the back side.
You could also use this for a pillow or quilt project! It would look so sweet as the center of a pillow design with a pretty pieced border around it!