I’m so excited about my new thread collection with Aurifil, Vintage Stitching! I wanted to create a new pattern to celebrate and show off how fun the colors look together. This new Farmers Market Fresh Flowers Embroidery Hoop Art is so fun to stitch up!
There’s a fun post over on the Aurifil Blog today announcing the collection along with an interview about me! Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the link – I’d love for you to check it out!
I used all the embroidery floss colors from the Vintage Stitching collection and the gray 50wt as well, for stitching the flower box down.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own!
- Aurifil Vintage Stitching Thread Box
- 9″ square of white background fabric (I used Riley Blake White)
- 2″ x 4″ piece of fabric for flower box (I used Vintage Adventure Aqua Stripe)
- HeatnBond fusible webbing
- 7″ embroidery hoop
- Glue, Pom Pom Trim for finishing
- Farmers Market Embroidery Pattern
Begin by ironing the fusible webbing on the wrong side of the flower box fabric. Cut out the box shape from the pattern and fuse the fabric piece in place on the background fabric.
Stitch around the two short sides and the bottom of the box with the gray 50wt thread two or three times. You don’t need to sew along the top edge, you’ll cover that with the flowers. Trace the pattern onto the background fabric.
Embroider the design with the following stitches. Use three strands of floss for everything unless noted.
- Green Satin Stitch – for large leaves, tiny leaves on the red flowers
- Green Back Stitch – stems on red flowers
- Aqua Satin Stitch – leaves on small greenery on right side, leaves on yellow flowers and base of yellow flowers
- Aqua Back Stitch – stems on greenery on right side, stems on little plant under the “w” in Flowers, stems on the yellow flowers
- Gray Chain Stitch – Lettering in Farmers Market
- Gray Back Stitch – stems of pink flowers in center
- Gray Satin Stitch – leaves of pink flowers, centers of red daisies
- Gray French Knots – center of yellow flowers
- Yellow French Knots – Flowers on right side, center of dark pink flower in center of flower box
- Yellow Satin Stitch – petals of flower on right side
- Dark Pink Satin Stitch – petals of flower in center of box
- Dark Pink Wagon Wheel flower – large circle flower on right side
- Light Pink French Knots – stalk of two flowers in center of box with gray stems, center of red Wagon Wheel flower
- Light Pink Wagon Wheel flower – small circle flower on left side, below the red daisies
- Red Satin Stitch – Petals of Red Daisies
- Red Wagon Wheel flower – Medium circle flower on left side
- Red Back Stitch – Lettering of Fresh Flowers – outline the letters then fill in the spaces where letters are wider
You can find the Vintage Stitching Thread box in my shop or in quilt shops!