I wanted to share with you all my fun and fabulous weekend. :)
My dear Mother-in-Law (who is the best MIL in the whole world. Seriously) and I went to the Del Mar Sewing, Quilt, and Craft Fair on Saturday. I’m not much of a quilter, that’s more my Mom’s arena, but there was a TON of fabric and other fun stuff. Here are the goodies I found:
The pattern is one of the prettiest Rag Quilt patterns I’ve ever seen. And the back looks just as lovely as the front. The fabric is cream with little line drawn roosters. How yummy is that? I’m thinking dishtowel or apron or something. I have no idea what the brand is – I need to look at the selvage.
The sticks are vintage wooden ribbon spools – they were $1 a piece. Don’t you love them? And the wee little hangers were from the same booth. I have plans for those. I thought they were too cute.
I also got some dip mixes that I didn’t include in the picture because there weren’t “crafty”. I’m a sucker for those little dip booths. I can’t pass them up. All those little samples and pretzels and yumminess. Freaks Mr. FT out though – he’s a bit of a germaphobe. Good thing he wasn’t there. ;)
I also found out today that I won something from a site participating in the Sew, Mama, Sew giveaway! Woooo hooooo! I am sooo excited. It’s from the site My Craft Closet. I won her sweet apples and pears apron, which feeds my apron addiction nicely, thank you very much. I’ll show it to you when it arrives.
The other fun things that happened this weekend (and week) were that I received this blog award from two different people.
Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate the compliments. :) I think it could get a bit crazy linking 30 blogs that I like and would pass this onto, so I’ll just share the love with my new friends (can I just say that the people I’ve ‘met’ from blogging are some of the nicest people in the world?) and I’ll tell you 5 things about myself. If you’re interested ;).
1. I married my high school sweetheart. (Everybody together, “Awwwwwww”) We fell in love in high school, went to college together and have been married for almost 20 years. Been “together” almost 24. That’s more than half my life. We’ve grown up together and I couldn’t have asked for a better husband, father and best friend to share my life and raise kids with. (Started off sappy on you didn’t I?)
2. I was born in Phoenix and grew up in Mesa, Arizona. I was in the marching band on the flag corps. ( I know I know. Band geek ;) Went to NAU and got a degree that I do absolutely nothing with now. Money well spent there.
3. I’m a Food Network Junky. I love to cook. LOVE. And eat for that matter too. I’m working my way through Food Network chef restaurants. And the closest place for me to do that is Vegas. We’ve tried Emeril’s Delmonicos, New Orleans Fish House, and Table 10, Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill, Mario Batali’s B & B Ristorante, and Hubert Keller’s Fleur De Lys. I think I might have missed some. In a few of these we did the Kitchen Table (which I highly recommend if you can swing it), where you have a private table and the chef fixes you several courses that are not on the menu. Basically you get to try a bunch of things that they cook the best. So amazing. If you have a restaurant recommendation I’d love to hear it.
4. I don’t do the ocean. Oh, I like to look at it. The sunset’s are breathtaking. Sitting with a book and watching my children play in it is heaven. And I’ll put my feet in it. But there are things with teeth that poop in that big bathtub. I don’t need to wallow in that. No thanks.
5. I’m a klutz. Seriously. I think last month I slipped and fell three separate times.
One was in front of my son’s Jr High – I was hanging a sign in front of the school. Fortunately the kids were in class – poor kid would have died of embarrassment. I’m blaming that one on a small earthquake. Scraped up my hands and knees pretty good. Pavement is not friendly.
Second fall was in my backyard. We live right on I-5 and I heard an accident right by the house. Being the nosy twit that I am, I wanted to see so I tried to stand on a chair to climb up on the wall. Note – do not try and climb up on a wall on the ARM of your lawn furniture, on soft, rain-soaked ground. I fell on a rosebush. I don’t think it’s going to recover.
Last one was in my bathroom. I had forgotten to put a clean towel on the rack so after my shower I had to do the wet sprint for the cabinet. This is not pretty to begin with, so it needs to be fast. The unfortunate thing about being wet and running is that it makes the floor slick. I went into a cheerleader-inspired split that I hadn’t trained for. Pulled something in a place that shouldn’t be discussed.
The high side to all this is that I provide a great source of amusement to Mr. FT and the kiddos. Mom’s supposed to bring joy into the home right? That’s what I’m telling myself.