I just adore making little hoop ornaments! These Sweet Quilt Star Ornaments are quick and fun to put together – they also make a great gift!
These little stars are so cute made up in Riley Blake Designs’ new low volume collection, Hush Hush. I paired the Hush Hush prints with my Dainty Daisy basic, and I love how you can really mix and match them all for these stars.
Hush Hush 2 is RBD’s new low volume collection, with 21 different sweet and subtle prints, designed by 21 different designers. It’s arriving in stores now!
The print I designed is called Sweet Spools! It’s made up of tiny multicolor spools and I love it. :)
I think these little Star Ornaments would be fun to make for a quilty friend or as an ornament exchange gift!
Sweet Quilt Star Ornaments
Here are the quick instructions to put these together!
- 8 Assorted pieces of Hush Hush 2 – cut to:
- 4 pieces 2″ x 2″
- 4 pieces 1 1/2″ x 2″
- 1 7″ x 7″ piece of Dainty Daisy for star points – cut to:
- 8 pieces 1″ x 1″
- 1 piece of Dainty Daisy for the center of the star – cut to: 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- 1 – 3″ embroidery hoop
- Hot Glue
- 10″ piece of pom pom trim
- Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the 1″ x 1″ star point pieces. Place one on the bottom left corner of one of the 1 1/2″ x 2″ Hush Hush 2 pieces. Sew on the marked line, trim 1/4″ away from the seam, and press. Repeat with another star point piece on the bottom right side of the Hush Hush piece. Make a total of four.
- Assemble the star with the points on each side of the center of the star and the 2″ x 2″ Hush Hush 2 pieces at each corner. Press well.
- Center the star in the hoop. Trim the fabric outside of the hoop 1/2″ outside of the hoop. Glue the raw edge to the inside of the hoop.
- Glue the pom pom trim to the back side of the hoop so the pom poms extend outside of the hoop.
You can hang a ribbon through the screw of the hoop and hang it on your Christmas Tree!
The Dainty Daisy fabrics make such a fun pairing with the Hush Hush prints! I used Alpine Green, Mint Green, Peony Pink, Waterfall Blue, and Jazzberry Red. You could pick up a 5″ stacker of Hush Hush 2 and have plenty to make lots of star ornaments!