It’s time to get those crochet hooks out! This is going to be such a fun week! I am helping to kick off a week long crochet garland blog hop – brought to you by me and 6 other amazing bloggers!
Every blogger will be posting a different crochet garland tutorial – and they are all so cute! Here’s a sneak peek at all the projects.
So fun right?
I’ll have links for you here every day this week so you can check them all out.
But first – it’s my turn with my Pom Poms and Bow Crochet Garland.
It’s the perfect beginner project – the bows are made with single crochet stitches and they have cute little pom pom ties to finish them off!
They make me think of snow bunnies and cute winter outfits and Christmas sweaters!
Here’s the pattern:
I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in colors:
- Really Red
For the Bow:
Turn, single crochet 32.
Ch 1, turn, sc 32.
Repeat 8 more times. Finish off.
Bring the two short sides together. Using a yarn needle, stitch the two short sides together with a piece of coordinating yarn.
Switch colors – I used the white on all the bows to tie them all together but you can do whatever you want! :)
Leave a long tail of white yarn – about 9″. Start wrapping the yarn around the center of the bow, pulling in the middle to form that bow look. Keep wrapping until the center is as full as you’d like. Leave another length of yarn about 9″ long. Tie the ends in a knot.
Create two small white pom poms, about 1″ around. You can use a piece of cardboard, a fork, or a pom pom maker. Use a yarn needle and thread one of the bow ends. Run the thread through the center of the pom pom and pull the pom pom up a little higher than you’d like it to sit. Knot the yarn and trim off the end. Pull the pom pom back down. Repeat for the other tie.
Repeat for as many bows as you’d like!
Here’s the rest of the Bloggers and the days they are posting:
- Monday November 9 – Make and Takes and Flamingo Toes
- Tuesday November 10 – Whistle and Ivy and Twin Dragonfly Designs
- Wednesday November 11 – Persia Lou
- Thursday November 12 – Sugar Bee Crafts
- Friday November 13 – 733 Blog
I’ll update these links as everyone posts so you can check back here for all the projects.
We also have a super fun giveaway for you this week!
- A crochet master set from Boye Yarn Crafts – a pretty zipper case full of a huge assortment of hooks
- A SOAK set – products perfect for washing and care of your delicate crochet and fine fabric items
- A Red Heart Yarns Assortment (8 skeins) – enough to make any crochet garland in the blog hop!
Good luck – and make sure you check back for all the project links!