It’s time for one of my favorite series’ ever – Happy Harry Potter hosted by Marissa of Rae Gun Ramblings! It’s a month long celebration of everything Harry Potter so of course I had to make up a new hoop and join in! I’ve been wanting to do up an embroidery with J.K. Rowling’s quote “Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home” and I love how it turned out!
I added in a fun silhouette of the Hogwarts castle with some swirly wirly glitter stitching. Isn’t it magical?
This is a simple hoop – so let’s get started!
Materials: (contains affiliate links)
- 8″ embroidery hoop
- 10″ white fabric
- 10″ x 8″ black swirly fabric
- DMC Embroidery Floss – 310 (black), 728 (gold), E168 (silver), E133 (black glitter)
- Heat-n-bond fusible webbing
- Marking Pen
- Hogwarts is Home Pattern
Iron the fusible webbing on the back of the black fabric. Cut out the Hogwarts silhouette and fuse in place on the white fabric according to the pattern placement. Using a marking pen transfer the lettering to the white fabric.
- Stitch the lettering with a back stitch. For the words “Hogwarts” and “Home” stitch three rows of back stitches.
- Outline the castle with a chain stitch.
- Optional – stitch the windows with 3 strands of gold floss. (I think it would be really cute with just the spiral stitching too!)
- Stitch the outlines of the swirls in the black fabric with the black glitter thread using a back stitch.
- Stitch tiny stars in the white fabric with the silver floss.
Finish hoop by trimming fabric and gluing to the back side of the hoop.
Show off your Hogwarts style!!
I love how the black glitter thread looks on this – it’s so fun for decorating the castle!
There are tons more projects in the Happy Harry Potter series – you can view them all over at Marissa’s site!
There is also a fabulous giveaway for Harry Potter fans! This year’s Happy Harry Potter giveaway winner will give a fun package including:
- $50 Amazon.com gift card
- Make Love Not Horcruxes Book Bag and Custom Hogwarts House Tie Necklace from Rae Gun Shop
- Bookish Swag from CrateJoy which has loads of HP and fandom related subscription boxes.
- Four Stunning Harry Potter Printables from Sisters What!
- Wizard School quilt for Harry Potter fans oversized throw size from Pieces by Polly