This post is a partnership with World Market. :)
Tis the season for parties! Even simple get togethers with friends can be cause for celebration! This last week I had a fun little party, celebrating Christmas and one of our favorite tv shows, Downton Abbey!
Are you a fan? Let’s discuss!
I am extremely fond of Anna and Bates, and Lady Mary, and of course the Dowager Countess. I mean, when is Maggie Smith not amazing? Ooooh – and Carson and Mrs. Hughes are engaged! I can’t wait to see how everything turns out for them. And I’m completely not ready for the show to end this year. I will need to pick them up on DVD so I can bring back Downton after it’s over!
I put together two sweet favors for my guests too! I created these pretty Charm and Velvet Ribbon bookmarks – all my guests were avid readers so I knew they’d love these.
To make the bookmarks:
- Cut a 10″ piece of velvet ribbon. (I found my ribbon in the wrapping section at World Market). For each bookmark you’ll also need two end clamps, a large charm for one end and a small charm for the other, and two jump rings.
- Use flat nose pliers to clamp an end clamp on each end of the ribbon.
- Open up a jump ring and add the large charm to it. Add the jump ring to loop of one of the end clamps.
- Repeat for the small charm on the other end clamp. Easy peasy!
I also made some easy Linen and Lace Lavender Sachets.
To make the sachet:
- Cut one piece of linen, 6″ x 12″. Cut two small pieces of lace 6″ each and one wide piece of lace 6″ long.
- Center the wide lace in the middle of the linen and sew in place on both sides.
- Fold the short ends of the linen to the wrong side, 1/4″. Press in place. Place the narrow lace along the wrong side so it’s sticking up above the edge 1/4″. Sew in place just under the folded edge and at the bottom of the lace.
- Fold the linen piece in half so the right sides are together. (bottom photo) Sew up the sides and zig zag the edges.
- Turn the sachet right side out, press, then fill with lavender. (You can find this with the spices at World Market.)
- Tie the sachet closed with a length of ribbon. All done!
I also had fun Downton Abbey teacups for each guest – I think they make a pretty set with the bookmarks and sachet.
I’d love to hear what you’re excited to see in the upcoming season!