I have got a fun treat for you!
The sweet folks from Hormel have teamed up with Flamingo Toes to offer you a yummy giveaway!
But before we get to the prize, let me tell you about their exciting new website.
Hormel has just launched a new website called Recipe Nut!
Recipe Nut is an online recipe site – where you can keep track of all of your favorite recipes and browse for new ideas.
But the thing that I really like about this new site is that I can save recipes from ANYWHERE to my Recipe Nut account.
I can save any recipe I find online in one easy place now. Isn’t that cool??
I think it is. :)
To help launch this fun new site, Recipe Nut is doing an A-Maz-Ing Facebook giveaway.
Entries are accepted now through October11th.
Simply fan or “like” the page, submit a name and description of your favorite family recipe and the story behind it as well as an image of the note card or page that it’s printed on.
Ten finalists will be selected and fans can vote for or “like” the entry they think best exemplifies a truly treasured recipe.
The winners will be announced on the RecipeNut Facebook page on October 25th.
What can you win if you submit your favorite recipe???
Only a chance at nearly $2,000 in prizes. Hello.
You can get all the details on the Contest Tab of their Facebook page.
And for a fun Giveaway a little closer to home . . .
Hormel sent me this great box of products to review.
I knew just what I wanted to do.
We love quick and easy meals – that taste great. So to review a couple of the products I came up with:
Meat Lovers Pizza Nachos
These would be perfect for a quick dinner or even a party snack food!
Hormel Pepperoni Minis
Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon
Scoop Tortilla Chips
1 lb Italian Sausage
1 can Italian Diced Tomatoes
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
Brown your sausage. When sausage is cooked through add in the package of Hormel Pepperoni Minis.
(These are really cute. I love how small they are!!)
Add in the tomatoes and the seasonings.
Simmer for 5 minutes to let everything blend and your sauce to thicken.
While the sauce is cooking lay out your tortilla chips on your cookie sheet.
I like to lay them out so they’re like little bowls. They hold more yumminess that way.
When the sauce has simmered, spoon it over the chips.
Layer on the mozzarella cheese, bacon ( I used half the package) and grate Parmesan cheese over the top.
The bacon was so good! We kept snacking out of the bag while the nachos cooked. :)
Back in the oven to melt the cheese for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and enjoy!!
I served this with a small salad because Mr. F.T. has this weird idea that we should eat vegetables occasionally.
So I humor him.
Isn’t that fun? It was so good. We all loved it.
You’ve been so patient – waiting for our giveaway! :)
Here it is . . .
The wonderful folks from Hormel would like to send a lucky Flamingo Toes reader a box of yummy products and coupons, just like they sent to me!!
The prize will be valued at $30 and includes one of each of the following products:
- Hormel® Always Tender® pork product coupon: Hormel® Always Tender®products are all pre-marinated for superb tenderness, juiciness and flavor, so there’s no prep time and no cleanup required. Available in more than 40 varieties.
- Hormel® Natural Choice® deli meat full value product coupon: Great-tasting, all-natural products you can feel good about eating and serving. Zero preservatives, artificial ingredients or MSG. No nitrites or nitrates added. And they’re gluten free.
- Hormel® real crumbled bacon bits: Hormel® bacon toppings are made from 100 percent real bacon. Add to salads, soups and other recipes!
- Hormel® pepperoni minis: Add zest to a wide variety of dishes with great tasting pepperoni. In addition to perking up pizza, pepperoni is an ideal partner for sandwiches, salads, pasta or nachos and more.
- Hormel® premium chunk chicken breast: Hormel®chunk meats are fully-cooked, one hundred percent real meat perfect for sandwiches, salads, wraps, soups, nachos and quesadillas.
- Hormel® chili with beans: Hormel® chili is made with choice ingredients, blended and simmered slowly in an open kettle to bring out their full flavor and aroma. The result is a rich and hearty flavor chili lovers ask for!
- RecipeNut Oven Mitt
Here’s what you do to enter.
Leave a comment on this post telling me either how your would use the prize pack or how you could use Recipe Nut.
I will announce the winner on October 7th.
Don’t forget to enter the Facebook giveaway too for an amazing prize package including new cookware!
The nice folks at Hormel sent me the products listed to review. The opinions on them and the website are all my own. :)
The Giveaway is now closed. Thanks for entering!!