I have such a fun Disney inspired project for you today – Beauty and the Beast bookish wall art!
Plus links to a bunch more fun Disney inspired projects. So much fun today!
There are so many great ideas here! I’ll have links to all of them at the bottom of the post. But first – let me show you my Beauty and the Beast inspired sign!
We have always been huge fans of the movie and are super excited about the live action film coming out next year! So I had to choose something for my project from Beauty and the Beast. I’ve always loved that Belle was a big reader so I decided to use one of the quotes from the opening song: ” Dreamy far off look, and her nose stuck in a book”. I added in below it some of my favorite Disney movies taken from books too!
It looks complicated to make but it was so easy to do with a little vinyl from Expressions Vinyl and my cricut! Here’s the simple tutorial!
- 28″ x 11″ pre-made palette sign from Michaels
- Expressions Vinyl – 3 sheets is enough to cut out all the letters
- painters tape
- Folk-art chalk paint
- stencil brushes
- electronic cutting machine
Here’s the basic layout of the sign. I moved my book titles around a bit on my finished sign because of the book thicknesses.
I have the text all saved as images for you – so you can import them into whatever software you use for your cutting machine. Click each link to open each image, then right click on the image to save it to your computer.
Dreamy far-off look, and her nose, stuck in a, book, book titles
Cut all your text out from vinyl and use them as a stencil.
Stencil the lettering above the books, then remove that vinyl.
For the books, tape off each book section with painters tape.
You’ll need to do some, paint them, then remove the tape and once it’s dry, tape off the next section.
Once the books are all painted, stencil on the titles the same way you did with the text at the top, by using the vinyl as a stencil. Add in a few decorative touches to make the books look like more realistic.
And that’s it! It’s so easy!
Now onto the other links!
Make sure you check out these great projects – they are all amazing!!
1. Lion King shirts by Play Party Plan
2. Jack Skellington Ears by A Pumpkin and a princess
3. Nemo pumpkin from C.R.A.F.T.
4. Disney coloring shirt by Artsy Fartsy Mama
5. Belle framed art by Crafting in the Rain
6. Miracles free cut file By Dawn Nicole Designs
7. Autograph shirt by the Pinning Mama
8.Disney countdown by Frenchi Wraps
9. Girl dress up by Over the Big Moon
10. Spirit animal shirt by Smashed peas and Carrots
11. Customized Minnie Ears by Inspiration Made Simple
12.Winnie the Pooh quote from Where the Smile Have been!
13. Modest ariel from Kiki & Company
14. Jack Skellington coin purse by Tried and True
15. Minnie Mouse purse by A girl and a glue gun
16. Disney ornaments by Happiness is Homemade
17. Girl Boss shirt by Sweet Rose Studio
18.No Sew Minnie tutu by Sugar Bee Crafts
19. Haunted Mansion door design by Simple simon and Co.
20. Minnie Mouse bow shirt by Girl loves Glam
21. Mary Poppins design by the Crafted Sparrow
22. Cinderella hand lettered shirt by Pitter and Glink
23. Jack Skellington shirt and pumpkin by the Scrap Shoppe
24. Beauty and Beast book sign by Flamingo Toes
25. Hat hair shirt by Polka Dot chair
26. Vintage Disneyland by Persia Lou
Kelly Delaney says
I love the books at the bottom! Some of my favorites!
That sign could be about me, always have nose in a book. Love this sign, it’s wonderful and with books on made it even better, wowsa. Haven’t been able to get Cricut installed yet, let alone figure out how to use it, what a waste huh? Thank you for sharing elements to make sign, going to download in hopes of being able to use them soon. Going to take crack at installing again, have all winter to work on figuring out how to operate that baby. This old lady tends to be digitally challenged, what can I do? Trying to understand why is so easy for so many but so hard for one old lady?
Now that is one slam bang give-away Bev, incredible. Haven’t been to Disneyland since before we moved away from San Diego in 1992 when we moved to MT. For us that was our own Disneyland in manner of speaking, wish we still lived in MT.
Hope all well at your house, have wonderful Fall week.
Good luck to family that wins.
Kiki A Comin says
LOVE this so much. I’ve got a princess who loves books as much as Belle…this may just have to end up in her room. ;)
Audra @ Renewed Projects says
Love it! When I was little I was tied between Belle or Ariel as my favorite princess. Your sign is awesome!
This is so cute, Bev! Love the way it turned out.
Pamela Smith says
This is so cute! We love Disney too and Belle is my favorite princess! Thanks for the great idea!
Lisa Silfwerbrand says
I love this Bev! I love signs and then they describe you to a T they are even more special ;) LOL This one is perfect! Thanks so much for linking it up to the Inspiration Galore Project Party.